ACNE: SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
Signs of Acne
There is a common misunderstanding that to have acne is only to have pimples. To know a person with acne, any of these blemishes can be present:
- Pustules called pimples by many.
Acne can be present on the chest, neck, back, shoulders, buttocks and upper arm.
Symptoms of Acne
Many blemishes that are caused by acne are listed above. The following are common in people with acne:
- Permanent Scars: acne cysts and nodules which leave scars are common with people who have had acne. The scars tend to show after the acne has cleared. Seeing a dermatologist will help in the treatment of acne if you happen to get them early.
- Dark spots on the skin: after acne heals, it usually leaves behind dark spots that may take some months to clear off.
- Low self-esteem: some people that have acne say that it makes them feel bad about the way they look. Most of them tend to miss their school or work because of this problem, and this can cause a serious problem with their performances.
- Depression: low self-esteem usually gives birth to depression and people that have acne-initiated low self-esteem may also develop this medical condition. This depression if severe, can make some people feel like committing suicide. Some researches show that some teens that had really bad acne were likely to consider committing suicide.
If you need a dermatologist to diagnose and treat any skin problem, call us on 020 71833648 or visit us at Clearskin London. We will look forward to seeing you!