Tips for Managing Cold ores
Normally, cold sores heal on their own, but there are things you can do to hasten this process and reduce the severity of the infection. At Clearskin London, we recommend the following tips for treating a cold sore at home:
- When you get the first sign of a cold sore, apply an antiviral drug on the sore to reduce the duration. You can get some of these drugs without a prescription; some of them are benzyl alcohol or docosanol.
- Suck on ice chips or place ice on the sores to reduce the pain and burning sensation. A non-prescription ointment or gel can also be used to relieve the pain.
These drugs mostly contain active ingredients like benzyl alcohol, dibucaine, lidocaine, and benzocaine.
- Take pain relievers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen to relieve pains.
- Avoid foods that can induce burning if they touch the cold sores, thereby reducing the pain. Avoid acidic foods like citrus fruits and spicy and salty foods.
- Perform a cold compress to reduce irritation and redness. Place a clean, cold, and wet towel on the sores for ten minutes. Do this many times daily.
When to See Us
Make sure you contact our dermatology clinic in London immediately you have any of the following:
- Atopic dermatitis
- A weak immune system caused by drugs or diseases
- Cold sores close to one or both of your eyes
- Recurrent cold sores after 15 days
- Cold sores occurring several times a year
We will render prompt treatment that will relieve you of the symptoms and prevent complications like spreading to other parts of the body. Feel free to contact us, and we will be glad to render an amazing service because that is what we are known for.
Our procedures and equipment are up to standard, and experienced dermatologists Harley street London will carry out your examination and treatment. We also work closely with our patients and monitor them to prevent future outbreak or complications.
We also treat a wide range of skin problems; we can handle any skin problem you can think of. Call 020 71833648 right away for our pocket-friendly services.