Causes Of Dry Skin
As earlier mentioned, the occurrence of dry skin isn’t accidental. Several causes and aggravating factors are behind the appearance of this skin problem. Here are a few :
- frequent or prolonged exposure to irritating products such as soaps, chemicals or detergent
- Frequent use of hand sanitizer or anti-septic with harsh ingredients.
- the frequent use of antibacterial gels or soaps, which are irritating and strips the skin of its natural oil
- skin diseases (e.g., eczema or psoriasis )
- Taking hot baths
- lack of hydration
- prolonged exposure to cold, wind or sun.