Managing Lichen Planus: Tips
Here are some tips for lowering the effect of lichen planus:
- Reduce stress as this could worsen the disease
- Avoid scratching as much as possible. You can cover the rash with a bandage
- Soothe the itch by using a cool cloth or an oatmeal bath treatment. You can get an oatmeal bath treatment at a drugstore
- Ensure you don’t injure your skin to avoid an outbreak on the injured part
Lichen planus in the mouth may increase the chances of oral cancer! You can do the following to lower that chance:
- Quit smoking, taking alcohol, and chewing tobacco
- Go for oral cancer screening every 6 to 12 months
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Floss your teeth daily
- Go for regular dental checkups at least twice a year for diagnosis and cleaning
- Avoid spicy foods, citrus fruits, juices, tomatoes and food containing tomatoes, crispy and salty snacks, and drinks containing caffeine like cola, tea, and coffee. They can worsen oral lichen planus!
Having red areas or open sores require treatment. Our dermatologist Harley Street London can treat you of genital lichen planus.
For Nails And Scalp
If you do notice nail discolouration or hair loss, make sure you see a dermatologist. Without proper treatment, these may not regrow.
Do you need a Dermatologist?
Are you considering seeing a skin doctor but don’t know where to go? Don’t worry; you can always get a good one at Clearskin Clinic London.
Remember, good and healthy skin is important for a healthy living. If we don’t take care of your skin, who will? Do visit our dermatologist Harley Street London for consultation.