NEURODERMATITIS: WHO GETS AND CAUSES
Who gets infected with neurodermatitis?
This condition of the skin mostly develops in people who have these traits that follow:
Age: You are between thirty and fifty years old. The rarity of this condition is high in children. Nevertheless, neurodermatitis is developed in some children who are infected with atopic dermatitis (eczema).
Gender: The gender who have a high tendency of developing neurodermatitis are women.
Medical history: If you have a family or personal history of either one or more of these infections that follow:
- An anxiety disorder such as obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Contact dermatitis
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema)
Study shows that the risk of developing neurodermatitis can be increased by a trigger. Things which can cause the trigger of neurodermatitis are:
- Bug bite
- Period of emotional trauma or intense stress
- Dry skin
- Tight clothing, particularly those made of synthetic fabric such as polyester or rayon, or even made of wool.
- Allergies, heat, sweat, reduced blood flow, and traffic exhaust can be triggers also.
What results in neurodermatitis?
Even study has revealed that few individuals tend to get neurodermatitis more, what caused it is still unknown. There can be a development of this condition anytime there is an overreaction of the nerves to anything from emotional stress to tight clothing. More research is required.
If you feel you do have neurodermatitis, perfect diagnosis and adequate treatment are necessary. It is rare for neurodermatitis to go away if you don’t treat it.