TIPS FOR MANAGING ACNE
The following are tips from our dermatologist that can help you reduce acne:
- Have good personal hygiene by bathing twice a day and after sweating.
- Apply a gentle non-abrasive cleanser on your skin with your fingertips. Do not use sponges or anything that may irritate the skin
- Use gentle and alcohol-free products on the skin to prevent them from being dry. Acne looks worse with dry skin.
- Avoid scrubbing your skin; it worsens acne.
- Always rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
- Be regular with washing your hair, especially if you have oily hair.
- Do not pick or squeeze your acne; this will make them take a longer period to heal. Let them heal naturally.
- Avoid always touching your face with your hands. Touching your face will enhance the spread of germs, and this may cause flare-ups.
- Reduce your exposure to sun and tanning beds as ultraviolet light from the sun and tanning damages the skin. Tanning will also increase your risk of the deadliest form of cancer (melanoma) by 75%.
- Do not hesitate to consult your dermatologist if acne is making you feel embarrassed, does not clear with products or is leaving scars or making your skin dark.
If you feel you need to get rid of your acne, meet with us at First Floor, 117A Harley St, Marylebone, London W1G 6AT, UK. Or call us¬†020 71833648 .We offer quality treatment at affordable prices.