CAUSES AND THOSE AT RISK OF ACTINIC KERATOSIS
CAUSES OF ACTINIC KERATOSIS
The major causative of AK is UV rays. When people are exposed to UV rays either from the sun or tanning beds, this condition can be developed.
Our skin gets damaged by UV rays. This damageis usually repaired by our body when we are young, but as we grow older, the damage gets accumulated, and our bodies become less capable of repairing itself. The continuous accumulation of this damage leads to AKs.
THOSE AT RISK OF ACTINIC KERATOSIS
The following people are at a greater risk of getting AKs:
- Those who have fair skin
- Those with blonde or red hair
- Those who have naturally blue, green or hazel eye
- Those whose skin burn or freckle when in the sun
- Those who are either 40 years or more
- Those with a weak immune system which may be caused by having a skin that is very sensitive toUV ray either because of a medical condition or work hazards.
AK mostly shows up after a person has clocked 40 years of age, and it is very common for those who live in areas of intense sunlight. People who make use of sun lamps and tanning beds also have a risk of developing this disease earlier.
You can get yourself diagnosed with AK or any other skin disease by visiting usor calling 020 71833648 to book an appointment